· To reflect on and better understand the What, Why & How of Organisational Change.
· To put change management concepts and models into practice
· To practice and develop the skills, behaviours and attitudes required to lead, manage, communicate and implement organizational change, and to deal with the inevitable resistance involved.
This includes the following:
· Understand the implications of the current context on Leadership: what types and styles of leadership are required to transform organisations and their cultures?
· Explore some of the theories, models and tools which help lead organisational change and manage resistance to it.
· Provide the opportunity for participants to develop, improve and practice the skills, behaviours and attitudes required for leading the challenging and complex task of individual and organisational transformation.
· In particular, focus on
o Communication & Influence
o Managing conflict and difficult conversations (resistance to change)
o Building (and re-building) Trust
o Kotter’s 8-Step model for Leading Organisational Change
· In addition to these essential skills for leading and managing organisational change, participants will be given the opportunity to become more aware of their own skills and styles of Leadership, Communication and Conflict Management.
· Jointly reflect and propose ideas and action plans to further develop participant Leadership & Change Management skills, both as individuals, as well as a Team.
· Have some fun doing this…
The course is highly interactive and based on experiential learning. This will include:
· Role-plays in trios (Influencer-Opponent-Observer) for difficult conversations / conflicts
· Group work & paired sharing exercises.
· Experiential games to experience the impact of change on individual emotions, beliefs, behaviours and attitudes.
· Use of design-thinking and visual mapping tools.
· Case study applied to the 8-step Kotter model.
· Various self-assessments or questionnaires on individual levels of self-awareness, and on their own communication, conflict and leadership styles.
Duration: 3 full days.
This course is not designed for senior leaders with many years of leadership and change management experience.